[HECnet] Updated DECnet/Linux NML

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu May 7 14:11:03 PDT 2020

  I've made some fixes to the DECnet/Linux NML server to bring it more in
line with other DECnet implementations, and these are enough to make Paul's
HECnet mapper happy with Linux nodes now.  The only changes are to the
dnetnml program, and you can download the new sources from
LEGATO::dnetnml.zip.

  FWIW, my changes were made starting from Erik Olofsen's dnprogs-2.68 from
http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/decnet/, but since the only thing that's changed is
dnetnml, I don't think it matters much which DECnet/Linux release you are
using.

  And fair warning - this will really only work if your DECnet/Linux machine
is an end node.  If your DECnet/Linux is a router then it will undoubtedly
return some wrong answers (and you will also mostly likely have bigger
problems than NML to worry about!).

  Thanks, Paul, for answering my questions and explaining stuff to me.

Bob