[HECnet] DECnet for Linux Bug Fixes

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 17:55:26 PST 2020

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 8:45 PM, John Forecast <john at forecast.name> wrote:
>
> Recently I have found, and fixed, a number of bugs in the DECnet for Linux kernel module. Some of
> these bugs may be relevant for members of this mailing list who are using DECnet for Linux,
> especially on a Raspberry Pi.

I've spent a bit of time with John's latest code to see how it works on other platforms.

The answer is "quite nicely".  I dropped his changed files into a Fedora Core 32 (the latest release, as of a couple of weeks ago anyway) sources, and built their 5.8.17 kernel with DECnet enabled, for 64-bit x86.

It works, no major problems seen.  This is the endnode; I haven't tried a router yet.

Very nice.

	paul