[HECnet] VMS on AlphaServer 5000

Mark Curtis mark.curtis at aardvarks-and-platypus.com
Thu Oct 8 05:04:57 PDT 2020

Buy the motor cycle!

(It's not a ex-Sophos server by any chance?) I used to have the VMS
version, as it were, many moons again and I'm pretty sure it was a
reflash (if that was even possible, think it was but not supported). I
don't remember there being any hidden firmware mode from memory. I
cannot remember exactly but I do remembering worrying about the NT vs
VMS thing and coming to the conclusion that you had to make sure the box
was one or the other rather than trying to fix.

Mark