[HECnet] Pathworks for VMS V4.1 kit anywhere ?

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Mon Oct 19 18:35:28 PDT 2020

On 10/19/20 8:54 PM, David Moylan wrote:

> I think I've managed to hunt this down.
>
> I'll show you how I got there, because it's a useful path.
>
> I first went to Martin's ConDist CD list:
> http://de.openvms.org/martinv/VMS_CD_KITS.html
>
> and looked for "PCSA" and found two 041 releases. These are on the CDBIN04SEP2 and CDBIN10NOV2 distributions respectively.
>
> I then went searching for these two distributions and got a hit on an archived HECnet post on hecnet.eu from 2013 by Mark Wickens.
> It says the CDBIN10NOV2 is available on SLAVE:: (which appears not to be online), but also gives an http link to the associated archive.
>
> http://hecnet.eu/archive/VAX_MEDIA/1992_nov_cdbin10nov2/
>
> and so I searched through the directories and found:
>
> http://hecnet.eu/archive/VAX_MEDIA/1992_nov_cdbin10nov2/cdbin10nov27/pcsa041/kit/
> http://hecnet.eu/archive/VAX_MEDIA/1992_nov_cdbin10nov2/cdbin10nov27/pcsau1041/kit/
>
> I hope that's what you were looking for :-)
>
> Cheers, Wiz!!

Awesome, Wiz! Thank you.

$ @DUA0:[TOOLS]RESET_BACKUP_SAVESET_ATTRIBUTES.COM PCSA041.A
$ @DUA0:[TOOLS]RESET_BACKUP_SAVESET_ATTRIBUTES.COM PCSA041.B
$ SET PROC/PRIV=ALL
$ @SYS$UPDATE:VMSINSTAL

     OpenVMS VAX Software Product Installation Procedure V7.3

It is 19-OCT-2020 at 21:13.

Enter a question mark (?) at any time for help.

%VMSINSTAL-W-NOTSYSTEM, You are not logged in to the SYSTEM account.
%VMSINSTAL-W-ACTIVE, The following processes are still active:
     WWW server 80
     OSUHTTPD_1
     SERVER_000B
     SERVER_000A
* Do you want to continue anyway [NO]? YES
* Are you satisfied with the backup of your system disk [YES]?
* Where will the distribution volumes be mounted: DUB0:[STORAGE]

Enter the products to be processed from the first distribution volume set.
* Products: *
* Enter installation options you wish to use (none):

The following products will be processed:

   PCSA V4.1

     Beginning installation of PCSA V4.1 at 21:14

%VMSINSTAL-I-RESTORE, Restoring product save set A ...
%VMSINSTAL-I-RELMOVED, Product's release notes have been moved to SYS$HELP.
%PCSA-I-VERSION, Checking for VMS version 5.3 or greater...
* Do you want to run the IVP after the installation [YES]?
* Do you want to purge files replaced by this installation [YES]?
%PCSA-I-FREEBLKS, Checking for 7000 free blocks
%PCSA-I-CHK_NET, Checking if DECnet is running
* Disk Name for PCSA system/application software [SYS$SYSDEVICE]:
* Disk Name for User accounts, COMMON services [SYS$SYSDEVICE]:
* Group number for PCFS software directories [360]:
* Disk Name for LAD BOOT disks [SYS$SYSDEVICE]:

             All questions have been answered.
             The installation of PATHWORKS for VMS S4.1C
             will continue.

%VMSINSTAL-I-RESTORE, Restoring product save set B ...

%PCSA-I-DIRECTORY, Checking for [PCSA] on the system disk
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system directory [PCSA].

     If you intend to execute this layered product on other nodes in your
     OpenVMS Cluster, and you have the appropriate software license, you
must
     prepare the system-specific roots on the other nodes by issuing the
     following command on each node (using a suitably privileged account):

     $ CREATE /DIRECTORY SYS$SPECIFIC:[PCSA]
%PCSA-I-CRE_RBDB, Creating the Remote Boot Service Database
%PCSA-I-CRE_ACF, Creating the File Service Database
%PCSA-I-CRE_LAD_ACF, Creating the Local Area Disk Service Database
%PCSA-I-INITIAL, Creating the initial Server directory structure
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system disk directory
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PCFS_SPOOL].
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system disk directory
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PCFS_SPOOL.DEFAULT].
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system disk directory
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PCSA].
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system disk directory
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PCSA.LAD].
%VMSINSTAL-I-SYSDIR, This product creates system disk directory
SYS$SYSDEVICE:[LADBOOT].
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation creates an ACCOUNT named
PCFS$ACCOUNT.
%UAF-I-ADDMSG, user record successfully added
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSGU, identifier PCFS$ACCOUNT value [000360,000001] added
to rights database
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named
PCFS$ACCOUNT.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named
PCFS$ACCOUNT.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named
PCFS$ACCOUNT.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation creates an ACCOUNT named PCSA$RMI.
%UAF-I-ADDMSG, user record successfully added
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSGU, identifier PCSA$RMI value [000360,000002] added to
rights database
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named PCSA$RMI.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named PCSA$RMI.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named PCSA$RMI.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation updates an ACCOUNT named PCSA$RMI.
%UAF-I-MDFYMSG, user record(s) updated
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation adds an identifier named PCFS$READ.
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSG, identifier PCFS$READ value %X80010005 added to rights
database
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation adds an identifier named
PCFS$UPDATE.
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSG, identifier PCFS$UPDATE value %X80010006 added to
rights database
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation adds an identifier named
NETBIOS$ACCESS.
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSG, identifier NETBIOS$ACCESS value %X80010007 added to
rights database
%VMSINSTAL-I-ACCOUNT, This installation adds an identifier named PCFS$USER.
%UAF-I-RDBADDMSG, identifier PCFS$USER value %X80010008 added to rights
database
%PCSA-I-CRE_PARAMS, Creating Service Parameter Database
%PCSA-I-CRE_PCFS_LOG, Creating PCFS_LOGICALS.COM
%PCSA-I-CRE_LAD_LOG, Creating LAD_LOGICALS.COM
%PCSA-I-DEF_OBJS, Defining DECnet objects PCFS,PCSA$RMI,PCX$SERVER,and
PCSA$MAIL
%PCSA-I-SPECIFY, Specifying target directories for the appropriate files
%PCSA-I-REPLACE, PCFS$STARTUP_PARAMS.DAT has been replaced

                 POST INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

     In order to complete the installation of PATHWORKS for VMS
     you must invoke the PCSA$CONFIG utility as documented in
     the installation guide.

         $ @SYS$STARTUP:PCSA$CONFIG

     After running PCSA$CONFIG you may start the file server using
     the specified transport(s):

       For DECnet,             @SYS$STARTUP:PCFS_STARTUP
       For TCP,             @SYS$STARTUP:PCFS_STARTUP TCP
       For DECnet and TCP,  @SYS$STARTUP:PCFS_STARTUP DECNET/TCP

     To start the disk server:  @SYS$STARTUP:LAD_STARTUP
* Press RETURN to complete the installation:
%VMSINSTAL-I-MOVEFILES, Files will now be moved to their target
directories...

         Starting Installation Verification Procedure
         for PATHWORKS for VMS V4.1 at 19-OCT-2020 21:25

         IVP Completed Successfully at 19-OCT-2020 21:25

     Installation of PCSA V4.1 completed at 21:25

     Adding history entry in VMI$ROOT:[SYSUPD]VMSINSTAL.HISTORY

Enter the products to be processed from the next distribution volume set.
* Products:

--
Supratim Sanyal, W1XMT
39.19151 N, 77.23432 W