[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet --> patches

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:52:45 PDT 2020

Pretty nifty, so I tried it and got up to 1.500 (HYUNA) before it failed
with a read error (see below).  However, I strongly suspect that this is
how the KLH10 NI implementation is functioning, not Tops-20 or RSX.

What did you see on MIM?  A time out?  You can tell me about the bug off
list; sounds like fun.

NCP>telL mim:: shoW knoWN noDES

15:49:53     NCP
         Request # 44 Accepted

15:50:07     NCP

Request # 44; Show Known Nodes Summary Completed

Executor Node = 1.13 (MIM)

   State = On
   Identification = "RSX system at Update, Sweden"

       Node       State       Active  Delay  Circuit Next node
                              links
     1.1 (MAGICA) Reachable      0       4 UNA-0          1.1 (MAGICA)
     1.2 (ERNIE) Unreachable
     1.3 (FNATTE) Unreachable
     1.4 (GOBLIN) Unreachable
     1.5 (ZEKE) Unreachable
     1.6 (GNOME) Unreachable
     1.7 (BJARNE) Unreachable
     1.8 (KRILLE) Unreachable
     1.9 (TEMPO) Unreachable
    1.10 (SIGGE) Unreachable
    1.11 (ROCKY) Unreachable
    1.12 (PONY) Unreachable
    1.14 (TINA) Unreachable
    1.15 (PONDUS) Reachable      0       4   UNA-0 1.15 (PONDUS)
    1.16 (GNAT) Unreachable
    1.17 (JOSSE) Unreachable
    1.18 (PAMINA) Unreachable
    1.19 (BEA) Unreachable
    1.20 (WXP) Unreachable
    1.21 (JOCKE)  Reachable      0       4   UNA-0 1.21 (JOCKE)
    1.22 (PUFF) Unreachable
    1.23 (WXP2) Unreachable
    1.24 (SPEEDY) Unreachable

15:50:17     NCP
       Node       State       Active  Delay  Circuit Next node
                              links
   1.100 (FLETCH) Unreachable
   1.150 (HORSE) Unreachable
   1.151 (QEMUNT) Unreachable
   1.200 (PLINTH) Unreachable
   1.201 (CRISPS) Unreachable
   1.202 (NIPPER) Unreachable
   1.250 (TARDIS) Reachable                  UNA-0 1.250 (TARDIS)
   1.251 (MASTER) Unreachable
   1.252 (DOCTOR) Unreachable
   1.253 (SIDRAT) Reachable                  UNA-0 1.253 (SIDRAT)
   1.254 (DAVROS) Unreachable
   1.255 (RUTAN) Unreachable
   1.256 (VAROS) Unreachable
   1.257 (THOROS) Unreachable
   1.258 (MACRA) Unreachable
   1.259 (CYGNUS) Unreachable
   1.260 (SHARPE) Unreachable
   1.261 (HARPER) Unreachable
   1.262 (HAGMAN) Unreachable
   1.263 (COOPER) Unreachable
   1.264 (TONGUE) Unreachable
   1.265 (PACMAN) Unreachable
   1.266 (BLINKY) Unreachable
   1.267 (PINKY) Unreachable
   1.268 (INKY) Unreachable

15:50:56     NCP
       Node       State       Active  Delay  Circuit Next node
                              links
   1.269 (CLYDE) Unreachable
   1.301 (ORAV23) Unreachable
   1.302 (ORAV41) Unreachable
   1.303 (RSX134) Unreachable
   1.304 (RSX145) Unreachable
   1.305 (RSX170) Unreachable
   1.306 (RSX124) Unreachable
   1.307 (RSX184) Unreachable
   1.350 (ERSATZ) Unreachable
   1.351 (DBIT) Unreachable
   1.400 (VALAR) Unreachable
   1.450 (DE1RSX) Unreachable
   1.451 (KLIO) Unreachable
   1.452 (DE1RSY) Unreachable
   1.500 (HYUNA) Unreachable
, Operation failure,
Response read failed

15:51:04       -- DECnet link message --

Communication failure to the following nodes:
MIM