[HECnet] Question for PyDECnet users

David Moylan djm at wiz.net.au
Thu Sep 24 18:48:22 PDT 2020

> > On 2020-09-24 23:15, Paul Koning wrote:
>
> Peter suggests a configuration option.  That's easy as a global setting, and just
> about as easy on a per circuit basis.

I think the more information that's available in the PyDECnet webui the better, but I also think a configuration option to enable/disable would be appreciated and would fit the use case of most users.

One thing that would be super cool is to have the ability to actually edit the configuration within the webui itself. Of course there would have to be an authentication required to do so.
The thought this spawns from would be the ability to change a circuit configuration, or adding in a new circuit without fully restarting PyDECnet itself.

I was just thinking a few weeks ago while I was trying to get Multinet authentication going between my home and my office - which turned out to be a few different things - but that I was constantly stopping and starting PyDECnet while the only real change was one specific circuit.

Not a real deal breaker - but if you were putting things on your development radar, the ability to restart PyDECnet without breaking active connections would be nice.

My 2 cents :-)

Cheers, Wiz!!