[HECnet] All gone silent

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Aug 16 14:41:39 PDT 2021

On 2021-08-16 23:33, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 8/16/21 5:31 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> However, should get to Uppsala to see MAGICA:: (real 11/70) and KRILLE::
>> (real VAX-8650) before they get dismantled.
>
>    I'm sorry, what?  DISMANTLED??

Update is scheduled to be evicted from the current location. As Update
have a *lot* of stuff, currently at the University, gracefully sponsored
until now by them, we need to find a new place to be, and the University
does not appear to be it.

We will most likely not be able to keep everything we have, and larger
systems will be hard to keep in a running state, so best kind of
scenario might look like they get kept in storage. But we'll have to
disconnect and dismantle everything for now, as it for sure will have to
be moved out.

Not entirely sure about the time plan yet. Most likely spring 2022.