[HECnet] Connecting an HP Itanium BL860c to HECNET... without ethernet

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:29:10 PST 2021

I know VMS at least did /some/ kind of line.  Columbia's chemistry
department got a VAX before the campus Ethernet existed, so that
wouldn't have been an option.

However, I can't remember whether it was a synchronous or asynchronous
connection; only that the 'wire' went into one of our DN20's (I think
CU20B).  I /think/ the 'wire' had modems on both sides, but I can't
remember what those were, either.