[HECnet] Connecting an HP Itanium BL860c to HECNET... without ethernet

cyb 2600 cyb2600 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:03:03 PST 2021

Thanks - this old thread on comp.os.vms says DDCMP is VAX only. If it
didn't make it to Alpha then I doubt it made it to Itanium but it can't
hurt to try.
 https://groups.google.com/g/comp.os.vms/c/TcbXQkCFd8s

The OpenVMS 8.4 manual implies SLIP would work, though. Could I do
something with that?

"SLIP includes CSLIP (compressed SLIP). You can use any standard OpenVMS
terminal device as a PPP or SLIP line. (PPP is available for OpenVMS Alpha
systems only.)"