[HECnet] Disallow login on DZ line in VMS

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Dec 20 19:44:30 PST 2021

> On Dec 20, 2021, at 6:00 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like VMS also have /NOINTERACTIVE...?
>
> VMS has no /NOINTERACTIVE.  Interactive is a process right assigned
> to a process that is instantiated via an unsolicited interrupt on a
> terminal device.

/NOINTERACTIVE is not listed in the HELP SET TERM text, but SET TERM TTAn: /PERM/NOINTERACTIVE is accepted as a command where I tried it in v5.5 and v7.3, and it changes the first characteristic shown by SHOW TERM from "Interactive" to "Passall". /shrug

Thank you for your explanation of how a login prompt gets triggered. That was neat. It's quite different from the way that happens in unix-like OSes.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
https://www.nf6x.net/