[HECnet] SIMH TOPS-20 question --> recipe for handling Tops20 install tapes

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Dec 25 10:00:43 PST 2021

> On Dec 25, 2021, at 12:24 PM, Thomas DeBellis <tommytimesharing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You are, of course, correct.  I was assuming he would pull them as binaries with some other machine with Phase IV connectivity and then put them on his local 4.1 20.

Actually, with my latest development bits of PyDECnet (not yet ready to be posted quite yet) I have enough of "Intercept" that I can talk directly to remote nodes, so long as the network doesn't drop any packets since Phase II doesn't have ARQ.  Intercept can do that, and I think an actual DEC version did so (if the outside network was Phase III), but mine doesn't just yet.

	paul