[HECnet] SIMH TOPS-20 question --> recipe for handling Tops20 install tapes --> MTBOOT --> create new PS: structure

R. Voorhorst R.Voorhorst at swabhawat.com
Sat Dec 25 14:42:27 PST 2021

Actually, come to think about it you should be able to create a new PS in 2
phases:

1.	boot tape and create a pristine PS: up to and including DLUSER
stuff; see installation manual posted earlier.
2.	boot another monitor, mount the pristine PS as another structure on
it; skip the tape 7 files and use monitor dumper to restore the savesets on
the pristine structure.

Point to check is if a bootstrap is written to the pristine structure but
the installation manual will make that clear.
If I have some time I will checkthe problem out if the tape has a problem or
not and how to create a structure from it; meanwhile you still cann retrieve
files which was your primary requirement I believe.

Reindert