[HECnet] PSTHRU.EXE poor-man routing object 123 for VMS on VAX

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Sun Dec 26 12:38:56 PST 2021

After many months I was able to access again some VAX system where I had
stored some interesting bits, and among them the VAX version of PSTHRU.EXE,
i.e. the DECnet poor-man routing object for VMS.

I do not remember at all where I found it in the first place, and it is
nowhere to be found online (there is a namesake file for TOPS-10 though).

I could send it to whoever wants it or, if I'm allowed, I could just send it
to the mailing list: it's a tiny 6 kB ZIP file with a BACKUP saveset inside.

The saveset contains the executable image, its related DCL procedure, and a
text file that lists the NCP commands to activate it.

The object could generate some optional debug log and apparently (looking at
the dump of the executable image) could access some PSTHRU.DAT I don't have
any clue about. Also, I wonder if it could be VESTed.

It would be nice if it could end up in some repository, at least to avoid
losing it again...

Let me know, :)
G.