[HECnet] PSTHRU.EXE poor-man routing object 123 for VMS on VAX

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:04:24 PST 2021

Repositories are tough because they have to be refreshed, sometimes with
data, sometimes with protocol updates and if the provider
disappears...   Pack rats pass away or their collections get destroyed
or discarded for one reason or the other.  Museums close for any number
of reasons.  It's a bit of a bummer.  No it's bummer when I think about
KS Tops-20 5.0, multi-CPU TENEX, Scribe, I could go on and on.

The only thing that really works is redundancy; keeping things in a
bunch of different places and hoping for the best.

It has been my intention to offer the beginnings of such repositories
for HECnet after I get a few more things finished (get out of the Rabbit
hole, Tom...)  I've got bucket loads of space just begging to put put
into a cluster.

Could you elaborate on what 'poor man' routing means, just so I'm sure I
have the correct context?  I know that this term existed for 20's route
NRT sessions.  It doesn't exist for CTERM.  I don't /think/ I remember
seeing it for DAP/FAL/NFT.