[HECnet] Thousands of DECnet errors on Tops-20

Peter Lothberg roll at stupi.com
Sun Jan 17 14:28:40 PST 2021

A DDP device is a "DDCMP speaker on a ANF10 front end".

It's basically a 576 byte card punch/reader on the front end with corresponding
device on the T10 side. We used it on the KI to talk both DECnet-IV and IP (to
a BSD 4.3 vaxen with a DMR-11.) It was done as a hack by Robert Hauk, who
also put in ANF10 over Ethernet. (remmember the DECnet frontend for the DTE
was only phase 3).

Dept of useless knowledge..

-P