[HECnet] DEC 4000/500 from years ago

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue Nov 2 07:21:27 PDT 2021

On Nov 2, 2021, at 6:31 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

> I ran them for a good long while then moved and they sat in storage for an even longer time.
>
> Earlier this year I was trying to find them a home as we were moving to Portugal and I couldn't bring them with me. I spent a good while trying to find them a home to no avail. A couple bits of interest but nothing ever came through.
>
> I ended up gutting them and sending all the useful bits to Dave McGuire. Sadly the two chassis went to the scrapper.

Ouch, that hurts, but I totally understand.

The only vintage computer I’m actually in the market for would be a VAX 4000 (other than that, there are a couple terminals I lust after).  I do have a chassis that I plan to turn into a 4000/200 (it has a defective KA640 that needs replaced), but would really like something faster than that chassis can handle.

Zane