[HECnet] Is this the most up to date version of DECnet OS numbers?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 14:26:42 PST 2021

> On Nov 8, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/8/21 4:49 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> Just as a warning, the lat implementation have some bugs. I've never spent the time to figure it out, but at least when talking to RSX hosts, it triggers some bug in RSX which cause it to leak memory, and eventually RSX becomes catatonic.
>
>  I think most reasonable people would consider that a bug in RSX, not a bug in the Linux LAT implementation. ;)

Of course.  Rule #1 of reliable programming: if your program malfunctions due to input from outside the system, it's always your fault.  It may be true that "the input was invalid" but that doesn't excuse the malfunction.

Normally "invalid input" includes maliciously constructed input.  To pick a random example, some of the unit test scripts in PyDECnet send random garbage as packet data to various components, to see if they break.  If yes, I fix things.

	paul