[HECnet] Is this the most up to date version of DECnet OS numbers?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Nov 8 14:40:27 PST 2021

On 2021-11-08 23:20, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 11/8/21 4:49 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> Just as a warning, the lat implementation have some bugs. I've never
>> spent the time to figure it out, but at least when talking to RSX
>> hosts, it triggers some bug in RSX which cause it to leak memory, and
>> eventually RSX becomes catatonic.
>
>    I think most reasonable people would consider that a bug in RSX, not
> a bug in the Linux LAT implementation. ;)

There are two bugs.

Yes, there is definitely a bug in RSX here.
However, the fact that the Linux LAT triggers it, and nothing else I've
ever seen/used does, suggests that the Linux LAT is actually violating
the LAT protocol.

The effects in RSX is a bug triggered by a protocol violation. How other
OSes react to that I have no idea...