[HECnet] TOPS-10 D-Day, DECnet failure on November 9th is less than six days away --> 10-nov-2021

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Nov 9 18:03:14 PST 2021

>VENTI:: is offline, so I hope our patch didn't take it out of commission...

  Well that’s interesting.  The system is still running, but the KDP link has dropped for some unexplained reason.  There are no STOPCODEs nor any other error message on the console; just a steady stream of hourly status reports going back a couple of days.

  I rebooted it and the KDP link came up immediately, and DECnet appears to be working again.

  Don’t know.  There may be some other glitch that occurs when the time rolls over.

Bob