[HECnet] Another TOPS-10 DECnet problem

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed Nov 10 10:11:22 PST 2021

>I don't suppose DEC supplied source for NML?

  Doesn’t look like it – there’s nothing in [10,7,NML] except for the NML.EXE.  Oddly there are sources for FAL, NFT and even NCP but not NML.  I wonder if there’s some “trick” for building NML.EXE from some other source?

  In any case, following the rule of “no matter what bad data you give in the monitor call, it shouldn’t crash the system” I don’t think NML is the problem.  It might be interesting to figure out exactly what call NML is trying to execute, but the bug is in the monitor.

Bob