[HECnet] Another TOPS-10 DECnet problem

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:06:36 PST 2021

It is certainly true that NML might be choking on legitimately bogus
monitor data.    However, one hesitates to observe that signaling
incorrect input by crashing is a misfeature...

The monitor call would be nice to know.  You can trap both UUO's and
JSYi on Tops-20 in a number of ways to see what is actually happening,
whether or not you have the source.  I can't remember whether Tops-10
has a similar feature.  I thought not, although I'm fairly certain it
does have address break.

If the crash dump is Galaxy based, then it will have the AC's preserved
in a block in the crash dump.