[HECnet] RSTS/E started emitting "?EVTLOG (BLDNIC) -- %Integer error" messages

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 12:22:31 PST 2021

> On Nov 9, 2021, at 6:44 PM, Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org> wrote:
>
> With the recent talk about the magic 9-Nov-2021 date affecting TOPS-10,  I notice today that
> my RSTS/E V10.1 system has started putting out console messages -
>
> ?EVTLOG (BLDNIC) -- %Integer error

Fixed.  The updated evtlog.tsk is in my "decstuff" Github repository.

There were two errors triggered by the fact that, as of 10-Nov-2021 the "Julian half day" has the top bit set, making it look negative to PDP-11s.  One was in the conversion from RSTS internal format to Julian half day, triggering the "integer error" message.  The other was in decoding such Julian half day values when displaying events -- doing as ASR to convert half days to whole days is not a good idea...

	paul