[HECnet] RSTS/E started emitting "?EVTLOG (BLDNIC) -- %Integer error" messages

Steve Davidson steve at davidson.net
Thu Nov 11 04:14:12 PST 2021

NETUPDATE.COM  (VMS only) checks two things:  first it checks the record against the current node name and if equal skips the record.  Second, if the database is being run against a cluster then it additionally ignores all of the nodes in that area.  This way all of the Satellite information is not altered thus rendering satellite boot non functional.

Similar behavior for the first case could probably be applied in most of the command line interpreters.

-Steve

SF:IP2