[HECnet] RSTS/E started emitting "?EVTLOG (BLDNIC) -- %Integer error" messages

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Nov 11 03:30:07 PST 2021

Tony,

On 2021-11-11 10:30, Tony Nicholson wrote:
> Johnny,
>
> Under RSTS/E I’ve found I can use FIX.CMD, but I have to comment the
> definition for the current node and add a missing definition for MIM.

Ah. Yes, similar "problem" as with RSX in that the own node won't work.
That's the reason MIM is not in there. I should create a different one
for others. FIX.CMD is where I started, and it is very tailored to my
own use.

> Then duplicate the definitions changing the ‘def nod’ to ‘set nod’ and
> feed it into NCP.

Maybe you should look at FIX.COM?

> When I update pydecnet using a new nodenames.dat I also use
>
> $ ncp copy known nodes from TNRTR to both
>
> (TNRTR Is my pydecnet router)

That definitely works in VMS. Does that also work in RSTS/E?

With that said, while generated command files are all nice and good, for
at least VMS and RSX, I would actually recommend people use the provided
DECnet tools instead.

In RSX:

 > RUN LB:[5,54]NNCFSL

and collect the nodes from MIM, and then:

SCP STOP
SCP START

and you have the new nodenames in there.

In VMS (as mentioned above):

$ NCP COPY KNOWN NODES FROM MIM TO BOTH

If the VMS solution also works in RSTS/E that is really nice.

   Johnny