[HECnet] Another TOPS-10 DECnet problem

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Thu Nov 11 15:55:45 PST 2021

On 11/11/21 6:38 PM, Thomas DeBellis wrote:

> I was also one of the few that would move between DEC and IBM, which
> is quite a paradigm shift if you've ever had to stare a 3270 in the
> face after EMACS.

Tim Stark and I have multiple VAXen talking DECnet to HECnet and NJE to
HNET (the global hobbyist Bitnet-II network). DNANJE and TCPNJE work
great using JNET from Wingra. A few VMS and Linux nodes show up on both
lists: http://moshix.dynu.net/

It is kind of cool to receive a file over NJE and copy it to another
host over DECnet :)