[HECnet] LSSM group visit today

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Nov 15 13:57:22 PST 2021

    LSSM hosted a CompSci class from Carnegie-Mellon University today, a
for-credit class trip and project.  They all learned the Forth language,
rather well I might add, and wrote their own demos, on one of our
PDP-11/70s.  Here are some pics:

   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/LSSM-CMU-2021/20211115_152707.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/LSSM-CMU-2021/20211115_152757.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/LSSM-CMU-2021/20211115_154319_03.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/LSSM-CMU-2021/20211115_154355_01.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/LSSM-CMU-2021/20211115_154451.jpg

   The 11/70 isn't pictured, but you all know what those look like.
It's the one on the Wikipedia "PDP-11" page, though that's a very old
picture from when it was at my home.

   (please excuse the falling front window sign, it's disintegrating and
we're awaiting its replacement)

    I mention this here in case anyone is interested, and the machine,
FANG::, is on HECnet whenever it's running. (which is my tenuous link to
"on-topic")