[HECnet] PyDECnet setup

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:12:43 PST 2021

They do it _today_.

I can't remember what I did in 1986, honest.  Of course I've changed
/etc/inetd.conf when I put up new services.  And I can't for the life of
me remember what I did to poke a re-parse.

If it was a SIGHUP, then I probably thought that odd.  Now I'm
dissatisfied with the term Unix 'standards' because they are until they
aren't, also depending on what implementation you happen to find
yourself trying to execute on.  And if it needed to change, why exactly
did the old interface need to get ditched, really?  Now I have a bunch
of scripts to rewrite.  For what?

I think you can get burnt whether it's a bunch of academics eternally
discussing purity in committees or a couple of kids just picking something.