[HECnet] ANF10 network --> DN200 (RJE, Decnet) --> should be Ddcmp --Re3

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 16:12:14 PST 2021

It seems like a very simple matter to simulate it as a basic character device, separate from the KMC pairing.  The only real question is how you represent a sync data stream in a simullated device.  Is it just the byte stream over a TCP connection?  That would be easy for synchronous character mode.  If  you also want to simulate HDLC sync devices, that's a different matter entirely; there isn't an obvious way to do that.

In other words, if someone wants this, just design how it communicates and do the code, it doesn't sound hard.

	paul