[HECnet] *** Very important information ***

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 09:58:34 PST 2021

> On Nov 22, 2021, at 10:15 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> And I have configured much of that PyDECnet instance up so that it accepts connections with the same parameters as people were using to Mim.
>
> So try just pointing at it, and see if it doesn't just work.
> If not, let me know, and we'll sort it out.

I just changed PYTHON to point to hecnet-1-1023 and it works great.

By the way...

Did you or Peter set up that node to log reachability events to 28NH:: ?  MIM was set up to do that.  It would get the mapper to respond quickly to any connection up/down changes at that new hub.

For PyDECnet, the config line that sets up the logging is:

logging monitor --sink-node 28nh --events 4.7-10,14-15,18-19

If you set this, please let me know so I can update my list of nodes that are configured to log to 28NH.

	paul