[HECnet] PDP-11 Unix V7M-11 V1.0 under SIMH

Tony Blews tonyblews at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:38:01 PDT 2021

Nice one.

I can't get the terminals working though, which is giving me flashbacks
to 1991 and trying to get to get a room full of terms up on a Convergent
Technologies Megaframe.

Its probably down to a simh version issue, as I have about 4 versions on
the go for various sims.

The Megaframe, by the way, was unused university kit that was still
powered up in the main machine room. It had the oper console connected,
and a load of serial lines running up to what had become a store room,
along with two lines connected to a board on our old Microvax II. We
blagged the room for the computing society eventually, got some terms
working. I think we got a mud to compile on it. When we shifted sites to
the sparkly new Tech Centre a few years later, it was deemed worthless.
It spent 5 years in my cellar, only to be desroyed due to flooding,
along with my Prime 2300.