[HECnet] PDP-11 Unix V7M-11 V1.0 under SIMH

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Mon Oct 4 14:55:16 PDT 2021

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 8:39 AM Tony Blews <tonyblews at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice one.
>
> I can't get the terminals working though, which is giving me flashbacks to
> 1991 and trying to get to get a room full of terms up on a Convergent
> Technologies Megaframe.
>
> Its probably down to a simh version issue, as I have about 4 versions on
> the go for various sims.

It is probably a SIMH thing - given that there's been tinkering in this
area.

I'm using a recently compiled SIMH V4.0-0 pdp11 on both macOS and Linux
from the GitHub
repository at https://github.com/simh/simh

tony$ pdp11
PDP-11 simulator V4.0-0 Current        git commit id: eadf1269
sim>

It's not too hard to build following a git clone and make pdp11 (under
macOS you'll need some extras from brew too - check the documentation)

Tony