[HECnet] A2RTR downtime

David Moylan djm at wiz.net.au
Tue Oct 19 06:06:26 PDT 2021

I’ll also push a vote for Veeam Community Edition. I run a VMware ESXi box which contains a mix of windows and linux VM’s (primarily linux). I use Veeam to backup all the VM’s to a NAS.
As mentioned, you’ll need to run this up on a Windows server.

I use Veeam in my production life as well as run a Veeam cloud backup server for my clients offsite copies. I’ve been using this for many years and it’s one of the best VM backup products on the market.

For my office backup we put the Veeam backups on a Synology NAS and run NAS to NAS replica between my office to another NAS at a co-workers house.

Cheers, Wiz!!