[HECnet] A2RTR downtime

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:31:25 PDT 2021

I can't remember now, but I believe the KA was de-supported from Tops-10
in the 6.00 series monitor at some point.

What I recall was that WPI had a version of Tops-10 that was later than
6.03B to where the KA support had been dropped.  They managed to put the
KA back in and this is what we ran.  I /think/ this may have been 6.05.
WPI also had an odd feature of a 'third' segment, but I couldn't imagine
what that means nor how they did that; I was really starting to focus on
Tops-20 at the time.

I don't remember when SMP showed up, but I'm pretty sure it would have
been in some 600 series monitor.

I had been wondering what the user section count was for the SC30/40.
The KL can do 5 bits (32 of them), which gets you 8 MW virtual, which is
twice the maximum physical memory.  The TOAD can do 12 bits (4096),
which gets you 1 GW.  I recall that the SC was "in between", but I can't
remember that particular virtual limit.

I had thought that the TOAD (or some version) could do more than 32 KW
physical.