[HECnet] DECnet/Python

Peter Lothberg roll at stupi.com
Wed Oct 27 17:44:57 PDT 2021

The MCB is a phase-3 node. I guess T20 used the same stuff as T10
for the MCB, code is here:
http://pdp-10.trailing-edge.com/decnet_mcb_cusps_703a/index.html

It's RSX "based" so maybe Johnny could make it Phase-4?

On tops10 the problem with the MCB and DDCMP etc was solved with the
"DDP" device that made a line (sync or async) on a ANF10 DN87*
frontend a DDCPM device.

That way a Tops10 monitor that was phase-4 could speak sync/async
to another phase-4 node.

I sent the tapes and disk packs with MRC's 4.x and 5.x tops20
for 2020 to LCM.

The 4.x DECnet over DDCMP DUP/KMC for 2020 has reduced "segment size'
from 576 to 390 or something like that due to limited buffer space.

-p