[HECnet] DEC 4000/500 from years ago

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Sun Oct 31 08:09:45 PDT 2021

Hi,

Around 2007 I gave away my pair of 4000/500A systems, I believe to
Brian Hechinger. They were taking up way too much space in the dining
room, and that I just wasn't that interested in putting the time
and money into sustaining the pair. I also really wanted SCSI storage,
but Q-BUS SCSI controllers were way out of my financial reach at the
time.

Since then, circumstances have changed, and with renewed interest, I
acquired a BA23 Q-BUS MicroVAX, and eventually a Q-BUS SCSI controller,
but nothing that came close to those 4000/500As.

Some years later, I believe Brian moved, and offered these up again
on one of these lists, or maybe CCTALK, but I missed that posting
until too late, and lost track of who ended up with those.

If these are in use, I wish whoever has them the best, and am extremely
glad at least they did not end up scrapped; I did my part towards that.

However, if whoever has them is no longer using them, I am here and
interested in whether one or both might be available.

I hope this is an appropriate posting, and it is not misunderstood by
those involved.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas <Mark at Misty.com>, KC3DRE