[Pollinator] Honey Bee Genomics & Biology Workshop - abstract deadline Feb 18

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Wed Feb 9 09:04:03 PST 2011

Thanks to Christina Grozinger for forwarding the below:

*******************

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the second Honey Bee Genomics & Biology Workshop,
which will be held at Cold Spring Harbor from May 8 to May 10, 2011.  It
will immediately precede the Biology of Genomes meeting.

We have an outstanding international group of invited speakers, and a
diverse array of symposia which will cover the wealth of exciting recent
developments in honey bee and social insect biology - see below for a full
listing.

The submission deadline for abstracts for poster and oral presentations is
February 18, 2011.

For more information, including information on the pre-meeting workshop on
the Development of Functional Genomic Tools in Honey Bees, please go to the
website:  http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/honeyb11.shtml

Please pass this information along to interested colleagues, and we hope to
see you in May!

Best,

Christina Grozinger, Uli Mueller, and Robert Page

**************************************

Keynote Speakers

Martin Beye, Heinrich-Heine Universität Duesseldorf, Germany
Andrew Feinberg, Johns Hopkins University
Hugh Robertson, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Gene Robinson, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

Sessions & Co-Chairs:
Population Genetics, Evolutionary and Comparative Genomics
Charlie Whitfield, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Juergen Gadau, Arizona State University

Epigenetics and Genomics
Soojin Yi, Georgia Tech
Greg Hunt, Purdue University

Neurobiology and Behavior
Dorothea Eisenhardt, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Ricarda Scheiner, Universität Potsdam, Germany

Physiology and Development
Gro Amdam, Arizona State University
Guy Bloch, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel

Immunity and Host-Parasite Interactions
Jay Evans, USDA-ARS
Elke Genersch, Länderinstitut für Bienenkunde, Germany