[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] Message from Lucas - possible new slow session location to try

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Tue Apr 3 09:48:53 PDT 2007

For those people on the list who missed last month's slow session, the
big news was that we will no longer be able to meet at the NOAA/Long
Marine Lab location.  The tentative plan was to meet at Jean's house
this month, but the Windmill Coffee Spot on East Cliff (former
location of Buckhart’s Candy, among others) was also proposed as a
possibility.

Lucas Cantin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Lucas and I have been going to the slow jam for
> about 6 months.  At the request of another member I
> have asked the new owner of the Windmill Coffee Spot
> to host our jam (third sunday of the month).  He has
> agreed to give us a try.  I have reminded him that we
> would buy coffee or treats from him.  So please do..
>
> Also, the space isn't large.    Maybe we can all fit
> inside if there are a lot of customers (there usually
> aren't late on Sunday).  It might be nice to play
> outside during the Spring and Summer?  He has a big
> patio.
>
> Lastly, the location...  He is on East Cliff Drive
> across the street from 12th ave.  This is right behind
> the lagoon next to Twin Lakes state beach.  It is a
> very pretty location.
>
> Please send this globally...  Let me know what you
> think??

                               * * *

So do people want to give the Windmill Coffee Spot a try for this
month's slow session?  As far as the playing outside option goes,
there could be a wind issue with the tunebooks, though I suppose that
would be one way to get weaned from your sheet music!  I don't know
whether or not the patio is shaded.

I don't know if people would like to just vote on this or to have
some discussion.  I had set this mailing list up as an announcement-
only list that only I would be able to post to, basically just to
continue things the way Winona had been doing them, but I could open
it up to discussions if people want that.  Or we could meet at Jean's
this month and discuss during the break.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/