[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] 3rd Sunday Session Invitation - Slow - July 15 - Windmill Coffee Spot

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Wed Jul 11 22:20:47 PDT 2007

Fáilte (welcome) to this month's 3rd Sunday Session. 3rd Sunday of
the month, 2 - 4 p.m. on July 15, at the Windmill Coffee Spot, Santa
Cruz. This is a slow session. Bain sult as! (enjoy)

Etiquette guidelines:
1) Session starts promptly so we don't lag into the whole day.
2) Please save the socializing for the break so we have lots of
   playing time.
3) 3:15 - 3:30 break:  As the Windmill Coffee Spot is a coffee shop,
   there will be drinks and treats there for purchase.
4) Going around in a circle, everyone has a turn to choose a tune and
   the tempo.
5) A single tune is played 3 times. In a set, each tune is played
   twice.
6) If needed, bring your music stand and tuneset book. Here's a
   website with tips on playing by ear:
   http://www.slowplayers.org/SCTLS/learn.html
7) Tuneset books are sold for $15 exactly or check.

The address of the Windmill Coffee Spot is 2-1231 East Cliff Drive.
I guess one easy way to get there would be to go down 17th Ave.
toward the ocean, then turn right on East Cliff, and in a few blocks
you should see the Windmill on your right.

The manager of the Windmill Coffee Spot has requested that we somehow
try not to use up all the parking, or be willing to move, if asked.
Carpooling encouraged!

Even though the location has some shelter, breezes can still
occasionally flip pages or tunebooks, so you may want to bring some
clothespins or other clips. Also, as the sun and the shade from the
umbrellas move through the afternoon, you may start out in sun and
wind up in shadow or vice-versa -- you might want sunscreen.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/