[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] 3rd Sunday Session Invitation - Slow - May 20 - Windmill Coffee Spot

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Wed May 16 10:55:39 PDT 2007

Last month's session at the Windmill Coffee Spot seems to have been a
big hit -- here's what Jean had to say about it:

" I was at the Windmill yesterday along with seven other slow session
" players.  We loved it.  We played outside on a patio with a wooden
" fence windbreak, flower gardens and tables and chairs. At
" intermission we bought drinks and eats.  There's a room inside that
" would be very suitable, if it's raining.  We were all very pleased.
"
" So we went in to ask the manager (Jenille? -rhymes with chenille
" and is not Lucille) if we were welcome to come back.  The answer
" was "yes" with some enthusiasm.  She said the other customers
" liked the music.  Some went outside to sit near us, one took
" pictures, and one requested that she turn off the radio.  So I
" guess that's where we'll be playing for awhile.  Kind of nice to
" have an audience, albeit a small one.
"
" Her one request was that we somehow try not to use up all the
" parking, or be willing to move, if asked.  I live near you and Elise
" and Steve and probably some others and could carpool.  Thanks to
" Lucas (and August?) for arranging this.

Fáilte (welcome) to this month's 3rd Sunday Session.  3rd Sunday of
the month, 2 - 4 p.m. on May 20, at the Windmill Coffee Spot, Santa
Cruz. This is a slow session. Bain sult as! (enjoy)

Slow Airs Session 1:30 - 2: Enjoy pre-session fun w/ Alec before we
switch to our usual session music.

Etiquette guidelines:
1) Session starts promptly so we don't lag into the whole day.
2) Please save the socializing for the break so we have lots of
   playing time.
3) 3:15 - 3:30 break:  As the Windmill Coffee Spot is a coffee shop,
   there will be drinks and treats there for purchase.
4) Going around in a circle, everyone has a turn to choose a tune and
   the tempo.
5) A single tune is played 3 times. In a set, each tune is played
   twice.
6) If needed, bring your music stand and tuneset book. Here's a
   website w/ tips on playing by ear:
   http://www.slowplayers.org/SCTLS/learn.html
7) Tuneset books are sold for $15 exactly or check.

The address of the Windmill Coffee Spot is 2-1231 East Cliff Drive.
I guess one easy way to get there would be to go down 17th Ave.
toward the ocean, then turn right on East Cliff, and in a few blocks
you should see the Windmill on your right.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/