[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] 2nd Sunday Session Invite - Moderate Speed - October 14

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Wed Oct 10 12:50:04 PDT 2007

Céad míle fáilte (100 thousand welcomes)!
You're invited to the 2nd Sunday of the month Session, 7pm - 9pm on
October 14, Britannia Arms Pub, 8017 Soquel Dr., Aptos. This is a
slow/moderate/intermediate-speed session.

Etiquette guidelines:
1) Session starts promptly.
2) Going around in a circle, everyone has a turn to choose a tune and
    the tempo. Tunes are generally played at moderate speed, but players
    are willing to slow down if needed.
3) A single tune is played 3 times. In a set, each tune is played twice.
4) Talking beyond short chats or helpful comments please carry on out
    of the circle or after the session.
5) This is a place of business. Please purchase something, if only a
    coke. Come early and have some of the pub's tasty food.
6) In general, sheet music is not used at sessions (other than the 3rd
    Sunday Slow Session). This is the session you can use to wean
    yourself. Here's a website with tips on playing by ear:
    http://www.slowplayers.org/SCTLS/learn.html
    Of course, use your tuneset book if needed.

Directions from Santa Cruz: South on Hwy 1, take State Park exit,
turn left at light. At Soquel Dr., turn right. Go about a half mile.
Go under a bridge. Pub's immediately on the left. Parking is best
just past the pub on the left in general village parking.

In the last message I sent out I had passed on a flyer about David
Brewer's free Celtic music/coaching/jam being held every Tuesday
night from 7-8:30pm at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church at 9850 Monroe
Avenue in Aptos -- Eric Sarti went to one and had this to say:

--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/