[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] Oops, we need a new place to play again

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Fri Jun 20 01:59:23 PDT 2008

Lucas Cantin wrote:

> So let me know what you think about 'Deli-licious'.  It used to be
> Mad Jacks.  It is confirmed if we want it and it seems a good solution.
> There are a couple other maybes...

(and had also written earlier)

> I did a little looking.  There is a cafe right next door who will have
> us if the group likes.  It is Deli-licious in the east cliff village.
> They have a stage, and they have parking.
>
> Another option is the Poet & Patriot.  The bartender of that shift said
> yes, but he has to talk to his boss.  I also emailed the booking for
> the Pergolesi Cafe and haven't heard back yet.

Cool! We got at least four other suggestions today as well, which I
will pass on below -- definitely it sounds like we are not at a loss
for options!

First, Sharon suggested, "How about the patio outside of Cafe La Vie
- next to what used to be 3D Playhouse?"

Second, Celia said,

" Well, it might be possible to have them at my house.  I don't know if
" you've had them at a private dwelling before,  but I've got a nice,
" somewhat messy yard, some shade, some sun.  Let me know if you think
" that might be a possibility and I'll ponder it a bit more.  There would
" only be three, maybe four Sunday's involved.

I know we've met at Jean's house before, and maybe at Winona's? It's
totally slipping my mind. I know I went to shape-note singing at
Celia's house once, but long enough ago that I can't remember
anything about it.

Third, Janet said,

" You could play at The Buttery. It's pretty quiet on Sunday afternoon and
" we have plenty of space and parking. If it were to be busy, we have an
" office upstairs that might be big enough.
"
" I own The Buttery and have been meaning to come to the slow session.
" This would be very convenient for me.

I must say that the Buttery has incredible food and is more or less
centrally located, but I don't remember how much room there is inside.

Fourth, Shelley suggested, "it occurs to me that you could meet at the
Tannery Art Center...  Jesse is the one to ask:  jesse at jesseautumn.com "

I guess I'll ask Jesse what the story is with that -- all the
developments at the Tannery Art Center sound very interesting, but I
don't know the details in terms of space/$$$/etc.

What do people think about these possibilities?

--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/