[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] slow sessions

Jean Harrison seajean at cruzio.com
Mon Apr 5 15:59:55 PDT 2010

Hi-
    I am resending this message I sent to Lucas and Janet on April 3, in response to their two e-mails.  I should send it to the whole list, just to add another name in support of really keeping that session slow.    Best wishes to all, Jean

Dear Lucas and Janet,
    Thanks for bringing up the problem of the slow session.  Last time was especially bad, as some people seemed to refuse to play slowly.  I go to encourage the beginners, but I also enjoy another chance to play, even if it's slow.  And if we play slow airs and waltzes "at speed", that would be good.  I like Janet's suggestion of ten faster tunes that we all know and will be played.  That idea started last month, when we decided to all learn jig set #1 and reel set #1.  I would not be able to make it at 12:30.  1:00 is even pushing it for me, 1:30 was better, but they say they won't go back to longer hours until the summer.  So thanks again, and lets make a concerted push to promote the idea of the slow session.
                        Let's make happy music for all, and Happy Easter to you,
                                                                                                                        Jean