[Pollinator] Phenology Network, BudBurst and Wildlife Watch

Craig Tufts TUFTS at nwf.org
Thu Mar 22 05:19:50 PDT 2007

This Spring, National Wildlife Federation will be supporting and promoting Project BudBurst by including 4 of the native plants on the BudBurst list in its Wildlife Watch effort. This national nature treasure hunt will encourage people from throughout the United States to get outside of their homes, apartments and into their neighborhoods and communities to look for or listen for as many of the approximately 110 species or phenomena they might find over a three week period.

A number of the species listed are those also part of a number of Citizen Science programs ongoing in the country. When participants examine the Wildlife Watch list, they will also have the opportunity to look at the program information and protocols and become involved in Monarch Waystations, Project Budburst, FrogWatch USA, the Bird House Network, the Vanessa Migration Project and others.

Craig
>>> "Jim Cane" <jcane at biology.usu.edu> 3/21/2007 6:10 PM >>>
Folks- another place to participate in a nationwide assessment of
changes in seasons is this one (below).  Hunt their site for the maps
with isoclines that link together sites with the same progression so
spring, drawn from 100's of reporting stations over a 30-year period.  I
found it amazing 9and am awaiting bud break on our lilac clones).

jim

James H. Cane
Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322-5310 USA