[Pollinator] Looking for space in NYC or the BAY area for an art show about urban pollinators

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 17:02:29 PDT 2010

From: Sabrina Malach <sabrinamalach at gmail.com>
To: comfood-L  <comfood at elist.tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:56:19  -0400
Subject: Looking for space and networks in NYC or the BAY area for an  art
show about urban pollinators

Hi there,

I am hoping  to bring my show about urban pollinatorto NYC or the Bay area.
If you have  any suggested locations or contacts in the art or urban
ag/ecology world,  please send them my way.

Details and images are  below.

Many thanks,

Sabrina

Urban  Buzz: A Tale of Three Cities

Urban Buzz is a multi-media exhibit that  seeks to educate and inspire the
public about the diversity and importance of  bees in urban environments.
The
exhibit consists of a photographic  installation that documents the
relationship between bees and humans in  Toronto, New York City and San
Francisco.   Through images and  text, the installation explores the social,
political and ecological factors  that weave humans and bees together in
cities.  The installation was  created by a Toronto photographer and urban
farmer, Sabrina Malach as a part  of her masters degree in Environmental
Studies.

Accompanying the  photographs are wire sculptures of five bees native to
Toronto.  The  bees can be placed inside and outside and stand to provide
education and  awareness around bee diversity in Toronto.  The bees were
sculpted by  Toronto artist, Charmaine Lurch.