[Pollinator] Bee Competiton Discussion - Moving On

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 16:47:55 PDT 2012

Pollinator LISTERV Members:

What a lively and interesting discussion has taken place this  week about
the scientific understanding of competition between and affects  of the
proximity of different bee species.

This is clearly an area where opinion is strong, conclusive  studies are
difficult to design and execute, and definitive answers are  hard to come by.

We have made a page on the _www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org)
 web site to compile the  studies that have been suggested in this
discussion.  Please check _http://www.pollinator.org/beeissues.htm_
(http://www.pollinator.org/beeissues.htm)  for  updates.

Please feel free to contact us with any further published  works that we
will add to the discussion.  These may be sent to _info at pollinator.org_
(mailto:info at pollinator.org  or)
or to Dr. Vicki Wojcik at _vw at pollinator.org_ (mailto:vw at pollinator.org) .

In the meantime, check for updates, and we will try to alert  the LISTSERV
when new studies are posted.

Going forward we will not be posting more discussion points as  we feel
this is best assigned to a NAPPC Task Force to approach the issue
holistically.  If you want to be a part of that Task Force please contact  us at
_LDA at pollinator.org_ (mailto:LDA at pollinator.org) .

Please know that we want to continue searching for more  information on the
subject, but feel that the LISTSERV is in need of a  hiatus from the back
and forth nature of the current postings.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please feel free to send me any comments about this  directly.

Laurie Adams
_LDA at pollinator.org_ (mailto:LDA at pollinator.org)