[Pollinator] [beemonitoring] Hummingbird "sweet genes"

Lisa Horth lisahorth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:11:57 PDT 2014

Peter -

This is interesting too and suggests that possibly the hexose-rich nectar
using orioles, honeyeaters and sunbirds would have a T1R1 that has evolved
slightly differently from hummers T1R1 if hexose tastes different from the
sucrose-rich hummer foods. That is pretty easy to test now that the
groundwork has been laid for the T1 receptors in birds!

Lisa

--
Lisa Horth, PhD
Haupt Fellow