[atariparty] Venue search: story so far

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Feb 2 20:41:11 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 06:08:25PM -0800, Mytho wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> I just called the Sacramento Library.

Thanks!

> They have free community rooms available at several branches. The
> one near my house in North Natomas looks like it has the room
> available for end of March or April.  How would you feel about having
> it in Sacramento?

I'm not _totally_ against it (though it does add ~1hr more
driving to a number of volunteers' trips).

> http://www.saclibrary.org/?pageId=607

The big problem I see with the North Natomas Library is
that it's closed on Sat & Sun.  If it's anything like
the Yolo libraries, you can reserve and use it after-hours,
but it costs.

It also sounds like the meeting room there holds the same
capacity (75 people, seated) as the Redwood Park building
here in Davis (it doesn't say what the sqft is; any idea?)

-bill!
(trying to figure out the sqft'age of the
Davis Public Library's Blanchard Room, where we held this
last year.  It's 100-120 capacity.)