[atariparty] Atari Party 2014 will be in _Sunnyvale!_

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 3 16:59:31 PDT 2014

I've got good news, and maybe-bad-news, depending on where you're located.

The good news is: Atari Party 2014 has been scheduled, and planning is
under way!  It will be held on Saturday, June 14th from 10am-4pm.

The 'other' news is: This year, Atari Party will be held at the
public library in Sunnyvale (in Silicon Valley) -- the home of
Atari, Inc. in the 1970s, through Atari Corp. into the early 1990s!

I realize that's very far from the Davis/Sacramento area, though on the
other hand, many of the volunteers who helped at past Atari Parties have
come from the Bay Area, so it might actually be _closer_ to many of them! ;)

It's also a great opportunity to "take Atari Party on the road" once again;
the 2012 event was held in Sunnyvale, too!  And, as with the 2012 event,
we're getting help from the fine folks at the Digital Game Museum
(http://www.digitalgamemuseum.org/)

This year's event will include a lot of what we've had in the past --
game consoles & computers from Atari and some other manufacturers -- along
with guest speakers and real arcade games!

In the next few weeks, I'll be coordinating with the library (who are
working on a 'program' for the event, at this very moment), the folks
at DGM, and Atari Party volunteers.  Once we are sync'd up and
have something concrete that we can all announce, I'll post more to these
lists.

Thanks!

--
-bill!