[atariparty] Atari Party 2015 - Sat May 2nd?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jan 29 12:08:50 PST 2015

My 40th birthday is this May, and I'd like to host my
annual Atari Party around then!

I've emailed the Mary L Stephens library here in Davis to ask a few
questions (e.g., could we set up the evening before, and leave our
gear there overnight, and start the show closer to when the
library opens, at 10am -- unfortunately, not a possibility).

They warned me that they have a regular movie event on the second
Saturday of each month, so between the two dates near by birthday,
May 2nd & 9th, the 2nd is the date we could get.

In fact, this Monday, Feb. 2nd, is exactly 3 months ahead of that
date, which is the earliest I can try and book the room.

On Saturdays, the library is open from 10am to 5:30pm, though
it sounds like we can stay as late as 11pm(!) (for a fee), if someone
from the library can be available to lock up afterwards.

So I'm thinking of a few possibilities:

 A. 10am-12pm setup,  12pm-4:30pm show,  4:30pm-5:30pm breakdown
    (i.e., maximum use of room w/o going after hours)

 B. 10am-12pm setup,  12pm-5:30pm show,  5:30pm-6:30pm breakdown
    (i.e., run show until library closes, breakdown afterwards)

 C. 10am-12pm setup,  12pm-?:??pm show,  ?:??pm-?:??pm breakdown
    (i.e., keep the show going after the library closes! party! party!)

Between kids & work keeping me busy, I don't want to go overboard,
so I've not thought about screening a movie or anything... but I haven't
totally abandoned the idea.  (Still thinking about what I could show...)

So -- thoughts on:

 * Sat May 2nd being a good date?
   (if you all revolt, then we can figure out another date)

 * What hours sound best to folks, or do you even care?

Thanks in advance, esp. if you can get to me before Monday morning,
if you have feedback!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer