[atariparty] Atari Party 2015, less than two weeks away!

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Tue Apr 21 18:25:08 PDT 2015

Hi folks!  Again, apologies if some of you get this twice (once to the
volunteer list, once directly).

Atari Party is now less than two weeks away.  Thanks again to everyone
for supporting me in this silly endeavor, including:

 * bringing your cherised gear (Rex, Mark, Greg, Conrad, Sal, Jeremy,
   Rob, Bob, Andy, and 3 people named Dan)
 * driving from far away (two Dans, Bob, Rob, Mark & Greg),
 * or from FAR, far away (Sal & Conrad),
 * lugging my gear to the library (Daphne),
 * donating items to the give-away (Sal & Rob, among many others),
 * helping set up (everyone above, plus Ryan, Seth and James),
 * and helping spread the word

I really appreciate it; it's been quite an outpouring!

I wanted to give a quick update about the venue (the public library).
I called today to try & figure out _precisely_ how much table space
there'll be.  It turns out they have only 7 six-foot-long tables (not 8),
but, as I recalled, there are quite a few other plastic folding tables
and old-style woodgrain-topped ones; it turns out they technically belong
to Friends of the Library, but the librarian I spoke to said we could use
them.  In any case, let's all be careful -- no food or drinks, to avoid
stains and spills (not just on the tables, but on people's electronics!)

Speaking of food, I'm still open for suggestions on how to handle feeding
ourselves during the show.  We could all pitch in and have pizza or
something (Indian, Thai?) delivered, or perhaps find someone who can
go out and fetch food for the rest of us at around noon.  Thoughts?

Thanks, and see you all in about a week & a half (yikes!)

-bill!

(Your address: atariparty at lists.sonic.net )